Reports to: Director of Quality and Research Initiatives
Location: Chicago, IL/Remote
Direct Reports: Clinical consultant
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Burn Care Quality Platform (BCQP) is a data registry, analytics and reporting system utilized by burn centers and others. It was developed by an external vendor using ABA specifications, the technology is managed externally.
The Quality Program Manager is responsible for managing the ABA’s Burn Care Quality (BCQ) platform and quality program initiatives. This includes managing operations related to the overall BCQ platform: registry, analytics, reporting, training programs, onboarding and other key initiatives. The manager develops and executes program/project plans with the ABA internal team and vendor partner. The manager is also responsible for expanding the policies, procedures and guidelines for the quality programs, ensuring that the quality programs are designed and implemented in alignment with the ABA’s strategic plan.
BURN CARE QUALITY PLATFORM
- Manages all aspects of the BCQ Platform. Serves as liaison between the ABA, the vendor, and the BCQP users. Gathers feedback and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Facilitates new user and burn center onboarding in conjunction with vendor. Coordinates with the Project Specialist in providing basic support and provides high-level support for burn centers as needed. Reviews trends and makes improvements or develops FAQs.
- Maintains and updates the data dic5onaries working with the consultant and work group.
- Manages the clinical burn consultant.
- Oversees data submission process for burn centers using BCQ Analytics. Delegates project work to the Project Specialist and manages deliverables.
DASHBOARDS, REPORTS AND BURN INJURY SUMMARY REPORT (BISR)
- Facilitates the work of volunteers and the vendor to develop and maintain risk-adjusted models to enhance quality improvement through the Burn Care Quality Platform.
- Facilitates the work of volunteers and the vendor to establish data dashboards through the BCQP for quick access to key quality metrics.
- Facilitates the work of volunteers and the vendor to develop the ABA’s annual Burn Injury Summary Report (BISR), which provides summary data on the “state of the burn problem,” highlights important trends in burn injuries and burn care and serves as a public educational and advocacy tool.
TRAINING AND USER REPORT
- Implements and enhances onboarding process for new centers in partnership with data system vendor.
- Works with the vendor and consultant to develop and deliver training programs and materials, both live and virtual to ensure accurate use of the system and completeness and fidelity to established data definitions.
- Maintains and updates training documents.
- Posts materials and engages with registrar (data manager) community using ABA community platform.
- Provides high-level user support as needed and oversees responses and develops FAQs and response paths to ensure appropriate response from Project Specialist for basic questions, consultant for clinical ques5ons, and vendor for technology issues.
QUALITY PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Manages project roadmap and development of new modules, field changes, reports and functionality.
- Works with volunteers and vendor to establish plans related to future projects including outpatient data collection, integration of system with EHRs, etc. Prioritizes project development based on user needs and committee objectives and financial capabilities.
- Utilizes volunteer work groups as subject matter experts in development of projects
- Serves as staff liaison to assigned committees. Currently: Quality & Burn Registry Committee and associated work groups.
- Responsible for committee administrative work: drafting meeting agendas, coordinating meetings and conference calls, drafting and distributing summaries, tracking follow-ups, and reporting to the Board on activities.
- Works with the committee chair to assure the business of the committee is accurately recorded and placed on the agenda(s) of the appropriate oversight committee or the Board. As the staff liaison, develops and maintains knowledge of the committee’s area of expertise and works effectively and cooperatively with volunteers.
- Working with committees, assists in developing tactics that support the goals and strategies of the strategic plan related to improvement of burn care. Develops project plans with timelines and milestones that accomplish the tactics
Metrics for Success
- Registry program is successfully delivered to meet needs of members and stakeholders.
- Responsive to volunteers and members.
- Organizational values consistently demonstrated.
3-5 years of experience with progressive professional responsibility developing and implementing clinical quality programs in an association, health care, or non-profit field. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Technologically savvy, with ability to understand and learn new technology systems and develop processes to achieve goals. Clinical background, previous registry work and association healthcare experience are pluses.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and resourceful in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent relationship building, verbal and written communication skills necessary
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software including MSWord, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with clinical registry and/or EHRs a plus. Familiarity with project management software a plus.
Work Environment: The job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, smart phones, photocopiers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others both inside and outside of the office, to use a computer and to be able to move around in the office.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Regular office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 with 30 min for lunch Monday through Friday. The position is occasionally required to work longer hours and weekends for meetings or to meet deadlines.
Travel: National travel is occasionally required for this position, between 1-5 times per year.
This search is being conducted by Meg Laundry, Associate, Tuft & Associates, Inc. Qualified candidates should submit, in confidence, a resume and a cover letter that outlines relevant personal qualifications to:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Tuft & Associates, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.