The American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP), a 501c6 organization located in Chicago (Rosemont/O’Hare), IL, has an immediate opening for a Director of Communications and Engagement. This position responsible for providing direction to ACOFP’s marketing and communications efforts including an organizational content strategy, member recruitment and retention communications, and engagement plans based on assessment of ACOFP’s business intelligence. This position leads efforts to develop and market new programs to grow non-dues revenue and member value. The director also leads ACOFP’s advocacy program, while working with the department to manage ACOFP’s website, social media, and OFP Journal. The individual chosen for this position will have responsibility for generating communications to members and public audiences, non-dues and membership revenue, and integrated business, content and marketing plans to meeting ACOFP’s strategic goals.
Founded in 1950 the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians is a professional medical association representing approximately 20,000 practicing osteopathic family physicians, residents and students throughout the United States. The organization works to promote excellence in osteopathic family medicine through quality education, visionary leadership and responsible advocacy. The association currently has a staff of 18 full-time employees.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following – other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and measure communications strategies to engage with target ACOFP audiences.
- Formulate and lead ACOFP’s organizational content strategy to better segment, customize and provide access to content.
- Oversee the ACOFP Foundation’s marketing and communication efforts.
- Ensure integrated marketing/communication plans across all ACOFP programs, products and services.
- Develop, implement and evaluate membership strategies for retention and recruitment.
- Support the growth of ACOFP’s web, career center and OFP Journal ad sales, and support deliverables aligned with corporate partnerships.
- Ensure ACOFP’s website, social media and OFP Journal are current, relevant and have a plan for future growth.
- In partnership with the Director of Finance, organize ACOFP’s business intelligence data for strategic decision making with regards to communications, marketing, product/program development.
- Support the organization’s product development in helping identify new audiences, ways to market content and programs to grow non-dues revenue and member value.
- Coordinate ACOFP’s advocacy efforts with law firm. Develop and implement advocacy communication and engagement plans.
- Contribute to the development and management of the annual budget, proposals, and approval, in cooperation with Finance Committee and staff.
- Manage assigned committees.
The position staffs the Federal Legislative Advocacy Committee and Membership Committee and the department also supports the Health & Wellness Committee and OFP Editorial Board.
Reports to the Executive Director and leads a team of two staff and external consultants.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field is required. Eight to 10 year’s communications and marketing experience responsible for product marketing, membership recruitment and retention and/or content strategy in an association environment.
Exemplary communications, project management and financial management skills are required. Excellent understanding of marketing, communications and brand management. Digitally savvy with competence in membership databases (preferably with iMIS or Nimble), project management tools, along with knowledge of Microsoft applications, social media and electronic communications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must be able to communicate in English in a professional and articulate manner with members and vendors in person, on the telephone, via e-mail, and in written correspondence. Must be able to travel to the two conventions each year, with the stamina to work several sequential 12-hour days. In addition, participation may be required in 2-4 weekend meetings and 10-20 evening conference calls per year.
What Great Benefits Do We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Immediate 401k eligibility with 6% gross salary contribution
- BlueCross/BlueShield Medical Coverage
- Dental 100% company paid for employees and dependents
- 10 vacation days accrued per year; one additional day added per year to a max of 20 days
- Up to 7 sick days accrued per year
- 12 paid holidays and 2 additional floating holidays
- Costco Annual Membership company paid
- No in-office work requirement; this is decided by each Department Director (typically no more than once a week)
*Candidates must be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 upon being hired*
THE SEARCH PROCESS
This search is being conducted by Karen Dunn Caspers, MSNM, CAE, Associate, Tuft & Associates.
Those interested in applying should send a resume, cover letter indicating qualifications and scope of experience, and salary requirements using one of these options:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Tuft & Associates, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Chicago (Rosemont/O’Hare), IL|