The American Student Dental Association (ASDA) was founded in 1971 and is the largest dental student organization in the United States. With a membership of more than 22,000, ASDA represents 82% of dental students from all 69 dental schools. ASDA’s mission is to protect and advance the rights, interests and welfare of dental students. The association introduces students to lifelong involvement in organized dentistry and provides services, information, education, representation and advocacy. ASDA representatives vote in the ADA House of Delegates, sit on most ADA councils and commissions and comprise one of the most respected student organizations in the nation.
ASDA is located off Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago, with a staff of 14 and an operating budget of $4.5 million.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for selling and overseeing fulfillment of sponsorships, exhibits, and advertisements. In collaboration with the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will develop, create and implement new sponsorship opportunities and programs and help optimize and expand existing programs, as well as prospect, negotiate and contract with prospective companies. Responsible for overseeing external and internal resources to manage projects from proposal through completion.
- Implement and manage non-dues revenue initiatives.
- Secure support for sponsorships and exhibits for two ASDA annual conferences and oversee the benefits associated with sponsorships and exhibits
- Manages fulfillment of annual event sponsorships and exhibit opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies for cultivating and adding new prospects
- Develop exhibitor, sponsorship and partnership promotional and marketing materials.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with current and potential sponsors
- Develop surveys and track exhibitor partner and sponsorship satisfaction making recommendations for enhancements or developments of new opportunities
- Manage the sales and analytics for Advertisement Campaigns
- Collaborate in developing the annual budget, establish annual revenue goals, and ensure budget targets are met
- Collaborate with external parties on behalf of ASDA.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Result oriented with 3+ years experience in advertising, exhibit and/or sponsorship sales with an association and/or dental organization.
- Solid understanding of proposals, contracts, basic financial analysis, CRM and marketing
- Membership, customer service mindset
- Demonstrated track record of sales achievements and ability to develop and execute creative solutions
- Self-starter, ability to lead with energy to position partnership discussions at both the strategic and tactical level
- Demonstrated project management experience, ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Experience managing budgets and managing towards financial targets
- Collaborative, team player, ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some travel and weekend/overtime work required.
This search is being conducted by Mary McMahon, Associate, Tuft & Associates, Inc. Qualified candidates should submit, in confidence, a resume and a cover letter that outlines relevant personal qualifications to:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Tuft & Associates, Inc. at email@example.com.