Located in Rolling Meadows, IL and moving to Schaumburg in March, 2023, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery has an immediate need for a Corporate Fundraising and Tradeshow Manager. The individual chosen for this role will have a strong background in exhibit show management and the development of strategic corporate partnerships.
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery was founded in 1970 to promote excellence in the subspecialty of dermatologic surgery and foster the highest standards of patient care.
Dermatologic surgery is the discipline that deals with the diagnosis and surgical, reconstructive and cosmetic treatment of diseases of the skin, hair and nails, including skin cancer and rejuvenation of aging skin. The Society is the largest specialty group in dermatology and represents the fastest growing segment of dermatologic practice. ASDS supports clinical and basic research grants; continuing education and the training of its members; legislative and regulatory advocacy; dissemination of public information; and community outreach programs.
The Corporate Fundraising and Trade Show Manager will report to the Director of Development and Industry Relations. This is an exempt position with the opportunity to work in a hybrid manner, going into the office two days a week.
Specifics are as follows:
Responsible for managing the Society’s corporate fundraising and tradeshow activities. This includes all logistics planning, financial management, and execution of activities with respect to the organizations tradeshows, corporate fundraising and advertising programs, including sponsorship, educational grants, in-kind donations and promotional programs. Oversees the development of all pricing strategies and collateral marketing material to promote all corporate sales opportunities. Prepares reports for leadership reflecting trends and financial outcomes. Is staff liaison for the Tradeshow Work Group.
- Working with the Director of Development and Industry Relations and organization’s staff, secures sponsorships for ASDS programs and services; IAC membership; ad sales; and educational grants and in-kind support for ASDS educational programs and the annual meeting.
- Designs and executes sponsorship and exhibit recognition packages and lead the sales process and follow up support, as necessary
- Manages inquiries, special requests, invitations, letters of agreement and exhibitor graphics.
- Provide on-site sponsor management for our regional meetings and annual meeting.
- Accountable and responsible for trade show project management, financial management, and oversight of all aspects of trade show delivery for all ASDS regional courses, national annual meeting and new events with exhibiting opportunities. Manages exhibit space applications and booth assignments for all ASDS meetings.
- Administrative and operational duties associated with exhibits and sponsorship sales including invoicing, fulfillment of contracted deliverables and initiating and submitting sponsor benefits for deliverables
- Provide on-site exhibit management for regional meetings and annual meeting
- Manages the print and online advertising sales from solicitation to placement in ASDS website, publications and materials.
- Develops professional relationships with existing and potential corporate supporters to build meaningful, long-term mutually rewarding relationships.
- Communicate with exhibitors and sponsors to determine and fulfill their needs, communicate with general service contractors and exhibit management vendor
- Follow up with corporate supporters to ensure expectations were met (survey, conference calls, etc.) for all branding/sponsorship involvement as part of an overall strategy to nurture and grow corporate relationships
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Manages the maintenance of the industry database and exhibitor files
- Creates reports for analysis and history to support creation of dashboards, year-over-year comparisons, and revenue tracking to report to the Development and Industry Relations Director
- Collaborates with several departments and ASDS program-owners to determine corporate support financial goals.
- Manages all corporate revenue and expense budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Development and Industry Relations Director.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in leading the planning and execution of not-for-profit corporate fundraising efforts or tradeshow management
- Ability to identify sources of funding and solicit from industry
- Experience with online exhibition management platform A2Z a plus
- Experience in organizing and executing sponsorship programs, obtaining and processing educational grants, and advertising sales.
- Professional demeanor that can effectively work with senior level corporate executives
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Detail oriented, thorough, resourceful, and self-motivated
- Ability to meet financial goals
- Well-developed written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Interacts well with all levels of Society leadership, industry partners, membership and staff
- Competent skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
THE SEARCH PROCESS
This search is being conducted by Karen Dunn Caspers, MSNM, CAE, Associate, Tuft & Associates.
Those interested in applying should send a resume, cover letter indicating qualifications and scope of experience, and salary requirements using one of these options:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Tuft & Associates, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Rolling Meadows, IL|