The following describes the various aspects of the designated job. Some or all of these aspects may be changed over time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS).
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: CEO
Work Schedule: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Organization Mission Statement
The Congress of Neurological Surgeons exists to enhance health and improve lives worldwide through the advancement of education and scientific exchange.
Provides executive level administrative support to the CNS CEO, CNS Officers and Executive Committee, and other CNS Committees. Requires discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administrative Support to CEO
- Provides Executive level operations and administrative support to the CEO. Prepares and edits a wide variety of correspondence, reports, and presentations. Composes correspondence from notes, discussions or independently from knowledge of circumstances may include monitoring and referral of email. Researches and drafts responses and helps assure single business day response.
- Oversees CEO’s calendar, travel arrangements, develops itineraries and meeting agendas; books ground transportation; arranges lodging and meeting accommodations. Ensures timely follow-up to meetings both internal and external. Tracks receipts, codes expenses, prepares and submits expense reports to accounting.
- Manages the CEO’s priorities to ensure a timely response and efficient flow of daily activity.
- Assists CEO in staff assignment and project management as well as monitoring of associated deadlines.
- Capture notes for various internal and external meetings, summarize, distribute as needed and follow-up on action items to encourage completion.
- Prepares PowerPoint and other presentations for the CEO and EC. o Works with CEO to be responsible for preparation of staff meetings, including setting future dates, collection of presentations from staff, staff agenda, presenting, note taking, distribution of presentations and staff meeting minutes following staff meeting, keeping Basecamp file updated with latest updates.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information. Responds to requests for information, determines which requests should be referred to key staff.
- Administrative Support to CNS Officers and Executive Committee
- Provides support to the CNS Officers in all areas of committee and member assistance. o Prepares correspondence, reports, letters, memoranda, e-mails, and other written material. o Maintains all electronic and paper files.
- Administrator for EC resources and annual EC Orientation materials.
- Researches and responds to EC and other committee inquiries regarding CNS activities, programs, and meetings.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of three years’ experience supporting Chief Executive Office, preferably in a medical/physician association.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong computer and typing skills required, including Microsoft suite of software: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience utilizing association management system.
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with volunteer leaders.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and tact.
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
- Must have a high level of professionalism and phone etiquette.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment with light noise. Work may be frequently interrupted. The employee will spend the majority of the workday sitting, computing, and talking/hearing. May require lifting (boxes) in the 10-25 lb. range requiring the ability to bend at the waist and knee.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
May require more than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position. Ability to travel to meetings at national, regional, or local venues and fulfill evening or weekend obligations. Under 10% air travel required.
This search is being conducted by Meg Laundry, Associate, Tuft & Associates, Inc. Qualified candidates should submit, in confidence, a resume and a cover letter that outlines relevant personal qualifications to:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Meg Laundry, Tuft & Associates, Inc. at email@example.com.