Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer
International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
The International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS) is a 501 (c)(3) international medical organization, founded in 1995 in Hong Kong at the combined meeting of the International Arthroscopy Association and the International Society of the Knee. Today, as a leading international organization in its field, ISAKOS partners with regional and national societies around the world on shared goals and common commitments in support the profession. ISAKOS is growing with more than 3,000 members in 93 countries.
The prestigious ISAKOS Congress is a biennial gathering of 4,000+ leaders from national and regional societies around the world, convening to share research and discuss issues of shared interest. The 2019 Congress will be held in Cancun, Mexico. Among its other educational offerings, ISAKOS offers textbooks and booklets, hands-on training courses, collaborative programs, online education, and international fellowship awards. ISAKOS also recently launched its new peer-reviewed Journal of ISAKOS; Joint Disorders & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
Located in lovely San Ramon, California (about 40 miles from San Francisco), ISAKOS has an operating budget of more than $5M and a staff of six employees.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership as a senior executive in medical organization, with a successful record of having built and directed strategic planning, financial, operational and mission-related activities. The CEO will have the ability to lead a world-class organization; manage a high-performing staff; and generate continued respect for the organization and its many constituents and collaborators. The ED/CEO must understand the dynamics of change and have demonstrated the ability to lead an organization through transition.
Ideal Candidate Requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Services Administration, Public Health or similar; Master’s or other advanced degree preferred; CAE desirable.
- Seven to 10 years’ professional work experience in complex organizations, with demonstrated success in leading, planning and organizing operations; CEO-level experience desirable.
- Experience working with physicians as a senior executive in a professional health care or medical association.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working or living in an international setting or as an employee of an international organization; success in dealing with cross-cultural issues. Bi-lingual desirable.
- At least five years’ experience successfully managing and motivating a high-performing staff team, with experience in effective hiring and conducting performance appraisals.
- Experience with major association initiatives, such as: annual meetings, various education modalities, membership recruitment and retention, research grants, and journal publications.
- Proven track record of leading successful and productive collaborations; able to build consensus among diverse groups.
- Understanding of governance and the role of the CEO with the Executive Committee and Board.
- Experience in working with industry and an understanding of what motivates and restricts corporate involvement today.
- Experience applying and leveraging technology and technological innovation for the betterment of an organization.
- Financial management and budgeting expertise; and the initiative to expand membership, enhance existing businesses, foster collaborations. and identify viable new sources of revenue
This search is being conducted by Tuft & Associates. Those interested in applying should email a confidential resume, along with a cover letter outlining specific qualifications related to this Position Profile.
Search Process: In Final Stages
This search is in the final stages and closed to new candidates.
You are welcome to submit your resume using the form below. We will keep your resume on file for any future searches that are a fit with your background and experience.
Back to Searches