The American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP) is a forward-thinking non-profit organization focused on supporting family physicians across the United States through quality educational resources, advocacy, and leadership. We currently have an opening for a Manager of Professional Development & Credentialing. The Manager of Professional Development and Credentialing is a new position that will play a crucial role alongside member leaders and staff. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the development and expansion of the ACOFP’s medical education initiatives, credentialing activities, and management of its related program partnerships. If you’re looking to grow and diversify your skills and abilities in a meaningful way, this position may be for you.
Our culture is highly adaptable, flexible, collaborative, focused, and fun! We are advocates of diversity, equity, and inclusion within our small and growing staff and throughout our organization. We believe that true work-life balance is key to maintaining our momentum and understand that it is our people who enable our success and continued growth.
If you meet our experience and qualifying criteria and believe you may be a good fit, we encourage you to apply!
Position Description & Responsibilities
Title: Manager of Professional Development & Credentialing (exempt)
Supervisor: Director of Knowledge, Learning & Assessment
Overview: Work with member leaders and staff to create, implement and evaluate a variety of professional educational resources for physicians to be presented at spring and fall conventions, other conferences and via on-line delivery. Expand menu of professional development resources beyond those offered at conventions and co-lead the innovation of ACOFP’s continuing medical education. Lead ACOFP’s credentialing activities including AOA and ACCME accreditation and the research and development of certificates of training. Manage the partnership with AOBFP to ensure synergy and support for ACOFP’s related programming (e.g., OCC, OMT Boot Camp).
Founded in 1950, the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians is a professional medical association representing approximately 20,000 practicing osteopathic family physicians, residents, and students throughout the United States. The organization works to promote excellence in osteopathic family medicine through quality education, visionary leadership, and responsible advocacy. The association currently has a staff of 18 full-time employees with its headquarters in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- Inform, support, and monitor department related actions of the strategic and annual operating plans.
Professional & Content Development
- Lead the development and expansion of new and existing, innovative hybrid programming.
- Lead the Call for Content and coordinate reviews with relevant committees.
- Identify needs of physician members for CME and support program chairs for speaker and topic recommendations for ACOFP educational programs.
- Co-manage the research and planning to update and create CME programming relevant to current and prospective attendees with Director of KLA and Manager of Digital & eLearning.
- Support the development and procurement of CME grants.
- Manage the planning and implementation of hands-on workshops, including but not limited to, procedural workshops, OMT Bootcamp/Next Level/First Level and test-taking skills
- Co-develop train-the-trainer programs in collaboration with the Manager of Digital and eLearning.
- In partnership with the Department of Communications & Engagement, support the development, implementation and assessment of promotional materials for assigned programs.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with vendors, medical experts, member-physicians, academic medical centers and college of osteopathic medicine, ACOFP state societies, specialty colleges, AOA and AOA Affiliates. Provide CME/instructional design guidance to any staff overseeing non-conference CME programming (e.g., FDPDW, New Physicians & Residents, etc.).
Credentialing & Accreditation
- Lead all ACOFP CME programming for compliance with AOA/ACCME Guidelines. Maintain proper CME paperwork as regulated by AOA/ACCME CME guidelines pending an audit.
- Explore and manage, as applicable, ACOFP’s ACCME joint providership program.
- Research and develop ACOFP’s certificate of training programs, in partnership with the Manager of Digital & eLearning.
- Lead the development of a member knowledge and skill proficiency assessment tool to help determine specialty areas where professional development is needed.
- Serve as the main liaison with the AOBFP to ensure synergy with formative assessments and OCC modules and collaboration with other areas of ACOFP.
- Oversee the development and implementation of ACOFP’s formative assessments, including partnerships with NBOME, ACOFP Foundation and other organizations.
- Facilitate the assessment of market penetration and identify ways to increase formative assessment registrations.
- Develop and manage related budgets in concert with Director.
- Supervise one employee and manage assigned contractors.
- Manage assigned special committees, ad hoc workgroups and task forces.
- Support ACOFP’s knowledge management documentation process by capturing and maintaining related procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, public health, or related field or equivalent experience. Experience and proficiency with hybrid events and a varied assortment of educational delivery methods. Five years’ experience in a health care and/or adult education setting, and experience with adult education, instructional design and some form of credentialing (e.g., accreditation, certification, or certificates of training). Association education experience preferred. Must demonstrate ability to develop and implement new professional development programming, both in-person and virtual, based on professional needs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge to apply current best-practices in instructional design and adult learning theory required.
- Demonstrated success as a team leader and collaborative team participant.
- Candidate must be technologically savvy and proficient in the following:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Speaker management and event related software skills preferred
- Association management systems (e.g., iMIS)
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Supplemental term life insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Parental leave
- Sick days
- Paid holidays & personal days
- Vacation time
- Telecommuting/flex scheduling/remote working options
- Flexible spending account
- Costco membership
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must be able to communicate in English in a professional and articulate manner with members and vendors in person, on the telephone, via e-mail, and in written correspondence. Must be able to travel to assigned ACOFP’s conventions, with the stamina to work several sequential 12-hour days. In addition, participation may be required in weekend meetings and evening conference calls throughout the year.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Employee may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
THE SEARCH PROCESS
This search is being conducted by Karen Dunn Caspers, MSNM, CAE, Associate, Tuft & Associates.
Vaccinated individuals interested in applying should send a resume and cover letter indicating qualifications and scope of experience, using one of these options:
Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
Email your resume and cover letter to Catherine Babjak, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Arlington Heights, IL|