Shriners International (Shriners) is a Masonic society established in 1870 and is headquartered in Tampa, Florida. Shriners is a fraternity based on fun, fellowship, and the Masonic principles of brotherly love, relief, and truth. Shriners believe fun and philanthropy are central to fellowship, and are committed to making an even greater difference together. There are approximately 350,000 members from 196 temples (chapters) in the US, Canada, Brazil, Bolivia, Mexico, Panama, the Philippines, Europe, and Australia. The organization is best known for supporting Shriners Hospitals for Children, a health system of 21 locations.
The Membership Education Program Manager oversees all aspects of training, education, and leadership development for the Shriners International’s Temples, Clubs, Units, and Nobles. The Membership Education Program Manager is responsible for developing and directing a comprehensive annual education program portfolio for Shriners International Education Foundation (SIEF) and Shriners International (SI) including the annual Membership/PR Seminar, ongoing virtual and in-person training, relevant activities at Imperial Session, and OG/AR school.
- Lead the development and expansion of Shriners International Education Foundation (SIEF) including managing the daily activities of the education portfolio to specific member-driven outcomes. Design and execute a long-range educational plan / programming and ensure consistency with SI’s strategic priorities including ongoing challenges/opportunities at the chapter level. (25%)
- Research, evaluate and draft curricula with supplied content from internal / external subject matter experts. Develop learning objectives, procedures, models and educational materials in support of SIEF’s and SI’s online education programming that is relevant to the advancement of components and their members. The scope of programming areas can include member recruitment / renewal / engagement, varied value proposition, diversity and inclusion, event marketing / promotion, components best practices, accounting, information technology and theories in leadership. (35%)
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify ways to use education resources to improve SI’s overall program portfolio and services. (10%)
- Identify, recruit and contract with educational speakers assisting with SIEF’s educational programs. (5%)
- Create, develop, implement and evaluate educational offerings within SIEF’s and SI’s independent conferences including the MarCom/Membership seminar, OG/AR school, and relevant events at Imperial Session. Identify and install processes to prepare members for each conference and to reinforce key takeaways following the conference. Develop, measure and report on success metrics according to the Phillips ROI Methodology (25%)
- Serve as a resource to the Education Committee liaison. This includes working with the membership project specialist in preparing agendas, reports, meeting summaries and ensuring related projects and action items are completed on schedule. (5%)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years’ experience with association management, member management and/or nonprofit management required
- 3 years’ experience with adult accreditation and/or certificate training required
- 3 years’ experience with curriculum development preferred
- 3 years’ experience with meeting design and/or event management preferred
Minimum Education Required/Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or similar field required
- ASAE Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred
- US Chamber Institute for Organization Management (IOM) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with time-management awareness
- Understanding of standard budget accounting procedures
- Experience and understanding of curriculum development, theories of learning and knowledge of evaluation techniques
- Understanding of executive education and the administrative issues in certificate training programs and higher education programs
- Knowledge of PC-based computer systems and software
- Multilingual or bilingual speaker preferred
- Must be able to work in the Tampa headquarters
Shriners International offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, long-term disability and 401k. This search is being conducted by Tuft & Associates. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter electronically, using one of these options:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume with cover letter to: Catherine Babjak, Manager of Administration & Business Operations, Tuft & Associates, c/o email@example.com; phone 312-642-8889.