The North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers (NAFEM) is a trade association of 500+ foodservice equipment and supplies manufacturers providing products for food preparation, cooking, storage, and table service.
NAFEM has emerged as a foodservice industry leader and equips its members to succeed with a variety of products and services. They represent the industry in Washington and support programs and organizations that move the industry forward. NAFEM offers educational opportunities to ensure that the next generation of young professionals is prepared for the foodservice industry’s future direction. They stay on the cutting edge of current trends and emerging issues to provide members and the industry at-large with leadership and expertise.
NAFEM is located in downtown Chicago, with a staff of 8 and a two-year operating budget of $11 million.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing administrative programs/projects for the association and providing administrative support to the Executive Vice President, Vice Presidents , CFO and the Headquarters team as appropriate. This role also includes serving as the administrator for NAFEM’s Certified Foodservice Professional (CFSP) program, an individual industry-wide earned designation for foodservice professionals. Started by NAFEM in 1988, the program was created to recognize continuing education and professionalism among foodservice industry professionals. There are currently 1,300 foodservice industry professionals who carry the CFSP designation. After completing the program requirements (industry participation and a comprehensive examination), CFSP designee holders are required to renew their certification annually. The administrator maintains the CFSP designee database, approves maintenance credits, invoicing, billing, etc. While this is a NAFEM-developed program, it is open to the industry and the administrator is the face of the program to the industry and integral to the success, understanding and growth of the program. While simple to administer, it requires accuracy, patience and personality to anticipate the needs of individual designees and the total program. The candidate work and support of the program aligns with NAFEM’s role as an industry education/professional development supporter.
- Provide project and administrative support primarily to the EVP, Vice Presidents, CFO, and Headquarter Team, as appropriate.
- Manage the administration of the Certified Foodservice Processional (CFSP) program including record-keeping (database management of all designee records); invoicing (annual dues renewal), prospecting (assisting prospect interested in becoming CFSPs to secure materials); administer the CFSP test to new designees; managing purchasing of materials, test taking, annual credit renewals)
- Strategic planning for CFSP program management – Work with senior headquarters team members to continuing plan for program enhancements and improvements based on interface with CFSP designees.
- Develop content as applicable to program/administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to web site, electronic newsletters, white papers, tool kits, etc., providing information and resources to members.
- Manage association’s relationship with key outside service providers for overall office management, building relations, etc.
- First point of contact for requestors (members/industry) regarding information on association programs and services.
- Organize general office functions (team meetings, organizational timelines/project management schedules, conference calls, staff meetings, etc.
- Key interface for member questions on benefits of membership and the CFSP program
- Provide assistance in organizational initiatives including but not limited to membership, meetings, tradeshow, workforce development and social purpose.
- Manage general requests from members for information on NAFEM programs and services.
- Serve as project manager on database additions (how we add information about each member to their database record to provide better service)
- Track and prioritize daily/weekly/monthly tasks for optimal efficiency
- Respond and follow up on calls, emails and other inquiries
- Maintains and supervises relationships with vendor partners to deliver membership materials (plaques, invoices, web links, survey offerings, etc.)
- Monitor budgets and accounts, track expenditures to ensure that revenue and expenses are kept within established boundaries.
- Review financial information for accuracy, such as invoices for office products, CFSP dues collection, and ensuring that revenues and expenses are properly coded to the association’s operating budget.
- Maintain and organize electronic files.
- Write and edit reports on program results as appropriate.
- Travel on behalf of NAFEM, as appropriate to board meetings, tradeshows and conferences to learn, or to represent NAFEM program and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree preferred or related years of experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience, ideally in a high performing environment with project management experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal, and diplomatic skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to communicate and represent information for executive level consideration both internally and with board and volunteer leadership
- Detail oriented, take initiative, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to develop and manage systems and processes, as well as organize and prioritize multiple complex and tasks.
- Respond and follow up on calls, emails and other inquiries.
- Provides excellent customer service with timely, accurate, and courteous responses to all members and key stakeholders.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
NAFEM offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
This search is being conducted by Mary McMahon, Associate, Tuft & Associates, Inc. Qualified candidates should submit, in confidence, a resume and a cover letter that outlines relevant personal qualifications to:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Tuft & Associates, Inc. at email@example.com.