RIMS, the risk management society® empowers risk professionals to make the world safer, more secure and more sustainable. Through networking, professional development, certification, advocacy, and research, RIMS and its 80 chapters serves more than 200,000 risk practitioners and business leaders from over 75 countries. Founded in 1950, the Society publishes the award-winning Risk Management Magazine and produces RISKWORLD@, the largest annual gathering of global risk professionals. RIMS embraces diversity, equity and inclusion and welcomes all risk professionals to connect and learn, explore the online Risk Knowledge library, tune into the RIMScast podcast series, and engage via social media.
RIMS has a staff of 45 and an operating budget of $20 million.
The Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales Manager is responsible for managing relationships to generate sponsorship and exhibition revenue for RIMS events. In collaboration with the Director of Sales, the Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales Manager will develop, create and implement new sponsorship and exhibition opportunities. They will prospect, negotiate and contract with prospective companies and be responsible for managing projects from proposal through completion. This position is remote with occasional travel to the New York Office, RIMS events and prospecting events.
- Conduct and manage exhibit sales (priority points process, renewals, securing new business, reporting) for RISKWORLD, approximately 300-400 exhibitors
- Serve as logistics staff liaison to exhibitors onsite at RISKWORLD
- Together with Business Development Coordinator, serve as a resource/information source for inquiries from exhibitors on RISKWORLD (Exhibitor Service Manual, Registration, Badge Allotment, etc.)
- Collaborate with marketing to develop pre-conference exhibitor resource material to promote their presence at RISKWORLD.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Exhibits Advisory Council in planning activities, including scheduling meetings, drafting agendas, preparing minutes, resolutions and reports, and carrying out the initiatives of the council.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Events and Sales Officer and Director of Sales to develop and implement marketing plans to increase exhibition hall traffic and increase exhibitor ROI at RISKWORLD
- Research and suggest improved attendee and exhibitor experiences to ensure that RISKWORLD’s brand remains strong, viable, and well positioned for the future.
- Research, strategize and implement new ways of increasing exhibitor and sponsor ROI at assigned events.
- Independent decision-making regarding value adds and package costs to drive revenue and foster strategic sales relationships.
- Sales lead for RIMS Canada Conference – responsible for developing Sales Prospectus, selling exhibit space, sponsorships and hospitality meeting rooms, work closely with Director of Sales to layout exhibit floorplan and serve as resource for exhibitor and sponsor inquiries
- Sales lead for Legislative Summit – responsible for developing Sponsorship Prospectus, securing sponsors and work closely with General Counsel and Chief Events and Sales Officer on sponsorship opportunities
- Communicate pertinent information, in a timely fashion, to exhibitors and sponsors for assigned events through newsletters, webinars, podcasts
- Responsible for developing accurate budget projections and tracking, analyzing and reporting on exhibit and sponsorship sales for assigned events
- Grow exhibit and sponsorship program participation; develop prospects, engage in market research, and work with internal and external stakeholders to develop new and innovative sponsorship opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Certified Exhibition Management (CEM) designation a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in exhibition management, exhibit, sponsorship, and/or corporate or financial services sales
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, communication, time management, collaboration, project management and organizational skills
- Strong business development skills
- Demonstrated track record of sales achievements and ability to develop and execute creative solutions
- Experience managing budgets and managing towards achieving and exceeding financial targets.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently or on a team, always showing respect for a diverse constituency of staff, members, clients and vendors
- Strong global business acumen, including cultural awareness
- Self-starter, ability to lead with energy to position partnership discussions at both the strategic and tactical level
- Solid understanding of proposals, contracts, basic financial analysis, CRM and marketing
- Client service, membership mindset
- Demonstrated intermediate experience in use of Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working in eShow a plus; Salesforce experience a plus
- Collaborative, team player, ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel and weekend/overtime work required
This search is being conducted by Mary McMahon, Associate, Tuft & Associates, Inc. Qualified candidates should submit, in confidence, a resume and a cover letter that outlines relevant personal qualifications to:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Tuft & Associates, Inc. at email@example.com.