The Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) has an immediate opening for a Senior Education Manager. The individual chosen for this position will develop and manage SCCM’s medical education grant program. Additionally, this person will lead the strategic development of high-quality e-learning continuing education programs that will enhance SCCM’s medical education grant program.
The Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) is the largest non-profit medical organization dedicated to promoting excellence and consistency in the practice of critical care. With 16,000 members in over 100 countries, SCCM is the only organization that represents all professional components of the critical care team. The Society’s mission is to secure the highest quality care for all critically ill and injured patients. http://www.sccm.org
Reports to: Director of Education
- Development and management of SCCM’s medical education grant process and outcomes reporting (60%)
- Works collaboratively with marketing and sales staff to determine relevant grantor opportunities. Writes and submits all medical education grants for SCCM.
- Reviews all Congress joint provider grants for satellite symposia. Submits all jointly provided grants.
- Manages the medical education granting process per SCCM granting guidelines.
- Creates all medical education outcome reports and budget reconciliations and submits to the various grantor portals.
- Develops and manages the needs assessment process.
- Development of high-quality eLearning content and programs (25%)
- Provides strategic recommendations, direction, and oversight related to the
- development, coordination, and implementation of SCCM educational activities.
- Stays abreast of current research in the field of multi-professional critical care, along
- with the latest in adult education methodologies.
- Works collaboratively with the director, staff, and volunteers to develop and
- implement benchmarking methodologies to determine effectiveness of education
- Provides analysis and develops strategies based on the data.
- Works with program managers to assist in the development of education program
- content as it relates to medical education grants.
- Submits periodic reports to SCCM leadership that generate internal discussions to
- improve overall continuing education activities and granting opportunities.
- Manages key learning management system (LMS) staffing, including instructional
- designers and content managers.
- Works collaboratively with key SCCM staff to ensure that the LMS functions properly
- and that appropriate key wording and tagging is in compliance with SCCM policies.
- Other functions as required to carry out SCCM’s mission and goals (15%)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Clinical background helpful
- Strong understanding of adaptive learning methodologies
- Understanding of ACE guidelines
- Significant experience in writing medical education grants
- Working knowledge of learning management systems
- Knowledge of outcomes reporting and granting portals
- Demonstrated budgeting experience
- High-level project and timeline management skills
- Excellent and proven skills in both developing staff and working closely with volunteer medical professionals
THE SEARCH PROCESS
This search is being conducted by Karen Dunn Caspers, MSNM, CAE, Associate, Tuft & Associates.
Those interested in applying should send a resume, cover letter indicating qualifications and scope of experience, and salary requirements using one of these options:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Catherine Babjak, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Mount Prospect, IL|