The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) seeks a senior management professional to serve as Senior Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics. This is an exciting opportunity for a business-oriented data professional. The position reports to the Director of Digital Strategy.
This position will oversee the implementation of a comprehensive, collaborative data strategy that supports the Association’s strategic goals; ensuring the organization is an environment that approaches using internal and external data as assets to drive decision-making. This position will work collaboratively across the enterprise to support its Business Intelligence infrastructure, including data warehousing and analytics platforms, to drive change and solve operational and/or workflow problems. The Senior Manager, Business Intelligence and Analytics will drive analysis, data discovery and interpretation of data as it relates to understanding the Association’s members and customers.
- Functions as a subject matter expert (SME) for data management best practices, including data collection, data integration, data definitions and taxonomies, metadata management, business data flows, technical data lineage, sensitive data discovery and data privacy compliance. Utilizes data management tools to migrate and validate data.
- Oversees implementation of data governance across the organization; collaborating with key business users to understand business objectives and identify needs and opportunities for improved information management and efficient delivery.
- Works with staff and volunteers to develop organizational analytics and reporting templates and dashboards. Provides technical guidance for new projects, products, and initiatives to ensure proper data capture and enable necessary analytics and reporting. Trains staff, as needed, on creating their own reports. Engages volunteers and members in association’s business intelligence.
- Establishes and maintains standards and procedures to ensure data flow and synchronization between Nimble AMS and other systems (e.g., learning management, accounting software, etc.) for enhanced data management. Ensures that duplicate records are eliminated routinely; data is backed up and restorable to prevent data loss; and formatting of data across the organization is standardized and normalized.
- Oversees implementation and ongoing maintenance of enterprise data warehouse platform. Works with staff, vendors, and volunteer leadership to identify data needs and key metrics.
- Manages installation and ongoing maintenance of system integrations for data flows; ensuring that all environments are appropriately maintained. Assists in managing the deployment of changes across sandbox and production environments.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive data documentation, including inventory of the enterprise information maps, with authoritative systems, and owners.
- Establishes and enforces data policies, procedures, and standards. Works with business and technical users to share, maintain and adhere to established practices.
- Manages and maintains vendor and/or contract relations for primary major database systems and associated consulting support. Ability to provide end to end project management for small to mid-sized technology projects; assisting with setting project and feature priorities, and defining scope. Develops detailed business & functional requirements, including use cases and user stories.
- Creates and effectively manages budgets; monitors processing and payment of expenses. Participates in annual forecasting exercises as needed.
- Performs other job related duties, as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience required.
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Knowledge in BI design principles, a plus.
- Experience with data reporting and visualization tools (e.g. Crystal Reports, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Curiosity, excellent logical reasoning, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Experience working with multiple departments, volunteers, vendors, and/or organizations, building relationships, and with highly collaborative projects to achieve both departmental and organizational goals.
- Successful record of data project execution and delivery including experience in leading groups in applying innovative solutions in support of the business.
- Association Management experience preferable, Salesforce / Nimble AMS experience a major plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, AV equipment, mobile devices, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role but would require the ability to lift computers, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary. The position highly interacts with other staff and therefore requires consistent and dependable onsite availability during core hours.
Travel required, as needed, to attend organization annual events and technology training events, up to 5% annually.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
THE SEARCH PROCESS
This search is being conducted by Karen Dunn Caspers, MSNM, CAE, Associate, Tuft & Associates.
Those interested in applying should send a resume and cover letter indicating qualifications and scope of experience, using one of these options:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Catherine Babjak, Manager, at email@example.com
|Location||Rolling Meadows, IL|